Visitors must have a valid passport with an EVT (Entry Visa for Tourist) to enter Myanmar. EVT can be obtained at
any Myanmar Embassy or Consulate offices with validity for 28 days and extendable if necessary. Application forms
in duplicate with three-passport six photos are to be submitted with a fee of US$ 30 in their respective currency.
Tourist Visas and business visas are issued at Myanmar Embassies and consulates worldwide. All foreigners entering
Myanmar must have a valid visa issued by the Myanmar Embassies and Consulates abroad. If you want to apply Myanmar Visa,
you can apply at Myanmar Embassy with passport, photos, visa fees. Also tourist can apply Myanmar Visa online (E-visa).
NOTICE TO TOURIST FOR APPLYING eVISA
You will need the following before you apply
- - Your passport must have at least (6) months validity.
- - You have to upload one COLOR PHOTO (4.6 cm X 3.8 cm) taking during last (3)months.
- - Visa, Master, American Express , JCB credit cards or Alipay are accepted for Online Visa payment.
Tourist Visa processing information
- - The validity of e Visa approval letter is 90 days from the issued date. If it is expired, entry will be denied.
- - Length of stay is (28) days from the date of arrival in Myanmar.
- - e Visa service is non refundable.
- - You will receive an email acknowledgement within 1 hour after successful payment.
- - The processing time is up to 3 working days (Myanmar time) for normal Tourist Visa, and 24 hours for Tourist Visa Express Service.
In all cases, processing time starts when the application acknowledgement e-mail is sent, after application is submitted and online payment is successful.
- - If the applicant has child(ren) under (7) years old on the same passport, you have to put the name of that child,
date of birth in the minor section of the application form.
- - Tourists must stay in registered hotels, motels, inns, guest house and resort during your stay in Myanmar.
- - The applicant should complete individual personal data whether passenger is FIT or package tour.
- - There are Restricted Areas for Foreigners and Tourist travelling in the country. For more information of restricted areas go to mip.gov.mm.
- - e Visa is a only valid for a single entry. Re-entry will require a new visa.
Currently passengers with an e Visa enter via the following :
- 1.Yangon International Airport
- 2.Mandalay International Airport
- 3.Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- 4.Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
- 5.Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- 6.Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- 7.Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- 8.Rih Khaw Dar Land Border Checkpoint
- 9.Htee Khee Land Border Checkpoint
Read more https://evisa.moip.gov.mm
Ordinary passport holders from the following countries do not require a visa for tourist visits of up to 14 days if entering and departing from Yangon, Mandalay,
or Naypyidaw International Airports. If you would like to stay in Myanmar over 14 days, or wish to enter or exit from any of the International Land Border checkpoints,
then please apply for the appropriate e-Visa
- 1.Thailand, 2.Laos, 3.Vietnam, 4.Philippines, 5.Indonesia, 6.Cambodia, 7. Brunei, 8.Singapore